Monday, August 25, 2014

Photo A Day

A few posts back, I mentioned that I'd wanted to do this for the month of August, but, come August 1st, I simply forgot to get it started!  Maybe those lists AREN'T such a good idea if I keep forgetting to check them once in a while!   hee hee

So, I started doing this on August 10th.

Wanna see a few of them?

Day1


First day of pictures = LAUNDRY drying on the line in my back yard.  What could be more basic in one's life than laundry?

And, for years, I've sun dried mine.  I also wash in cold water.  I'm trying to minimize my impact on Mother Earth, and I hope by doing this I'm making a small difference.  Besides, using the sun to dry one's clothes saves on electricity, which saves on the bill!  I don't even OWN a dryer, so in the watery winter months here in SOCAL, it can get dicey to keep oneself in clean, dry clothes.

I did break down and buy a drying rack a few years ago.  Had occasion to try it out during one of that year's rainy spells (we haven't had any of those lately, unfortunately!) and it didn't work out as well as I'd hoped.  I put the drying rack out in the garage, where I have no insulation, and the garage door leaks a LOT of cold air in the winter.  It took 2 days to dry the towels and jeans.  So, the next time I had to use it, I hung those over the shower curtain rods, or put them on hangers.  Helped a LOT!

Day 2

 

I am the Team Leader for Stampin' Up! support at the San Diego Ronald McDonald House.

Every month, on the 2nd Tuesday, I and a few fellow demonstrators go to the house with materials to make cards.  The card above was what I selected to do for the August visit.

It's a very simple card, made using the Too Kind stamp set on page 149 in the annual catalog, stamped on Whisper White, layered on Crisp Cantaloupe and Real Red. 

I also used "I'm so grateful" stamp from Chalk Talk (page 11 in the annual catalog).  I changed it up a bit by stamping the whole thing in Basic Black, the re-stamping just the "there's you" in Real Red, which I cut out and layered over top.  Makes the greeting stand out a bit more.  I think this may be the first time I've ever tried this technique, although I've seen it many times.

I've been fairly faithful about the photo a day thing, BUT, I've taken a few with my cellphone and have yet to figure out how to get them from the cellphone to my computer and iPhoto!  The book says uploading them should be pretty much automatic, but, apparently not at my house!  LOL  Probably Operator Error - that's usually the case when I can't get something to work...

Must be time to outside and sit on the patio - Smedley (AKA Smelly Belly) just jumped up on my computer desk... He NEEDS to be petted!

Thanks for stopping by - I'll post a few more pictures next time. And, hopefully by then, I'll also have the method of displaying them further along so I can show you that as well.

Come back soon, OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment