Saturday, February 25, 2012

Some Stamped Projects

When we go to any Stampin' Up! event, swapping just a matter of course. You can ALWAYS count on someone having something they've created to swap, if you have something in exchange.

My friend Joanna likes to get into specialized, organized swaps. And she gets some really cute things, that I get to share and take pictures of. And, if I'm of a mind to, I can come home and recreate it from the pictures - well, OK, sometimes I can re-create them from my photos.

I've gotten better over the years at taking photos of the projects to make it easier to do that.

This year Joanna came back to the hotel room with her swaps and one of them just blew my socks off!

I took pix - and came home, and my other friend, Patti, and I independently re-created it. I've only seen Patti's initial pictures of her "portfolio", but they look really close to my pictures, so I guess we're both on the right track!

Wanna see the one that knocked my socks off?

Here it is:




Isn't it gorgeous?

It's what I call a portfolio, and has cards inside.

Here are the photos of both the upper and lower parts.


It was created with Basic Black, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla cardstock, along with Mocha Morning DSP.



It also used Established Elegence stamp set, along with the Designer Frames and Vintage Wallpaper embossing folders. And, of course, several of our current ribbons and other embellishments.

I had a lot of fun making this creation, so after I created this one, I decided to do the same thing with different Designer Series Papers (DSP).

You'll be amazed at how different this same project looks, using different colors and Designer Papers!

I'll share that in my next post, so be sure to come back and see it!

Thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment