Wednesday, October 26, 2011

North! To Alaska!

I mentioned in a previous post that I'd FINALLY been able to take the cruise to Alaska that's been on my Bucket List for over 20 years! YES!

I tried to talk my mom into it MANY years ago, and she just wasn't interested. She never did say why, and now that she's gone, I wish I'd pursued it further with her. I don't THINK she got seasick, but maybe that was the reason.

Well, she went on the cruise anyway!

I went with my brother and sister-in-law (hey, you two!), and I took Flat Mama with us!



Here she is, resting in the floral bouquet that Jim & Laurel received once they'd boarded the ship.

And here are the four of us, toasting with champagne in their on board upgraded suite!


They never did figure out how or why they were upgraded, but I never heard a bad word about the idea from either of them! LOL

They had a FULL SHOWER and a FULL BATHTUB in that suite - and a great deck from which we viewed the glaciers during our day in Glacier Bay.

No, I STILL haven't attempted to upload all the pix I took on my new camera - so I don't have a lot of photos to share, but here's one I really liked that I was able to get with my old trusty camera.




Yep - that's Mount Rainier!

It decided to "come out" for the afternoon, just as we were setting sail. And it was quite lovely, wasn't it?

We really enjoyed our cruise and ensuing land excursions! In Juneau we took a tour to Mendenhall Glacier and saw a BEAR! And that bear caught a salmon while we were watching - but those pix are on the new camera, so I'll have to show them to you later. Please come back to check it out!

In Skagway, we took the Yukon Railway tour. And while it was drizzly and overcast in Skagway, by the time we got to the top of the mountain, the sun was out, and it was beautiful (but COLD!) Come back for those pix, too!

And Glacier Bay... well, it was a whole day and was very interesting...

Last Alaska stop was Ketchikan, which I LOVED! So quaint - and, truthfully, not very large, since it clings to the mountainside! Come back for pix of that, too...

We spent a couple of days in Seattle after our return from the cruise, so I'll share those pix with you one of these days, too!

Sorry - no stamping stuff today - but come back soon, and I promise, I'll have some Halloween stuff to share with you!

Thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment