Wednesday, April 21, 2010

El Nino Strikes Again

We're supposed to have a big storm in the next two days. It's APRIL! We seldom get rain at this time of the year. But we welcome it, any time it wants to come...

The patio roof is gone. Taken down in about 2 hours. Friday or Saturday the jack hammering starts to remove existing, cracked, cement.

And, of course, now that the patio project has been started, they called today to tell me the shower pan will arrive tomorrow. We started the patio project because the shower pan wasn't supposed to be here for another two weeks yet! Geesh! The best laid plans...

But now that the patio cover is gone, it's going to be REALLY sunny in the kitchen, so guess we'll continue down that path, and the master bath will just wait...

I've gotten some of the items that will be offered in the upcoming Summer mini-catalog, but honestly, I haven't had time nor energy to even play with much of it! Have started a couple things, but they're not finished, so will continue to show you things I've already got completed. Most of them feature things from the Occasions mini, which is in effect until April 30th. See something you like? You can still order it!

I haven't mentioned as yet, the upcoming Color Renovation that Stampin' Up! announced to the demonstrators last week.

I was in shock for several days. Some of my favorite colors are being discontinued.

Here's a snapshot of those being discontinued:












I hope you can read all the color's names. LOTS of discontinued colors. Several of which are my "go to" colors. So, I'm a little sad about that.

Here's another view of the colors being discontinued:













And here's a visual (minus new colors) of the Core (or Carry Over) Colors:













But, I'm very excited about the changes! I have received one sheet of each of the 5 new colors that will be unveiled in July, which will become a part of the new Core Colors we'll offer.

The names of the new colors: Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, and Marina Mist. I'll leave their hues to your imagination for the moment...

Some of the new Core (or Carry Over) colors were previously "In" colors which are returning! I'm excited to be able to use them again.

Three of this year's "In" colors will stay: Soft Suede, Melon Mambo, and Rich Razzleberry. I liked ALL this year's "In" colors immediately, so I'm glad some will stick around.

Other "In" colors we'll be able to play with again are: River Rock. Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, Wild Wasabi, and Riding Hood Red.

In addition, we'll get five new "In" colors. Haven' seen anything but their names as yet, so my imagination is running wild.

Let me take this moment to remind you to go through your existing pads, markers, re-inkers, chalks, etc and MAKE SURE, if you want any of the colors being discontinued, that you order them NOW!

Do NOT wait until the Discontinued List comes out in mid-June and be disappointed because the items you want/need are gone!

=====

Here's a card I worked up earlier this month. I'd intended to use it for my brother's birthday card, but changed my mind at the last minute. Still think it's a cute card, though!


Nature's Nest, Inspired by Nature, Bermuda Bay ribbon, Chocolate Chip CS, So Saffron CS, Certainly Celery CS... Used the Pinking Hearts punch, and a Chocolate Chip Sending Love epoxy brad from the Occasions mini...

I popped the turtle up with some dimensionals to add a little visual interest.



So, are you RUNNING to your craft space to take inventory of what you'll need to purchase so you have complete sets of the Discontinued colors?

Just because I won't be featuring these colors after July 1st doesn't mean YOU can't USE them after that!

And if you have a re-inker for all your pads, you'll still be able to get years of use from them.

Do your inventory and let me know what you need! You can call, email, or place an on-line order for any and all items you'd like.

OH - and something I need to remind you about. There's a continuously changing Clearance Rack that's available ONLY through an on-line order. So don't forget to check that out occasionally. You can click on the link on the left side bar of this blog to access the Clearance Rack.

Last week I saw the Raspberry Tart DSP listed there - did you need some more of that? The Clearance Rack is the place you'll need to go!

Happy stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment