Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Temple

The Temple was a busy place for weddings while we were there. We saw at least two different brides making their way to the door while we strolled around.

While we were there, Utahns (?) were getting ready to celebrate Pioneer Days - the day they became a state. There is a parade each year, and I took photos of some of the floats, which I will share with you soon.

I'm assuming it's considered good luck to get married around Pioneer Days, and that's why there was a "rush" of weddings - but I could be wrong!

Anyway, I watched this couple getting ready to pose for their photographer and their precious wedding photos, and I just KNEW the bride was going to fall into the pool. What do you think? Did she get that beautiful dress wet?












I don't really know the answer to my question - I was on the other side of the pool, using my telephoto lens, and was just happy I got a half-way decent photo!

The sun was setting, so lighting was a bit of a problem. I've touched up this photo below (and maybe I shouldn't have! Not the best photo of me I've ever had taken) because it was past sunset when Susan took it. I'm sure her camera captured a much better one, but I forgot to ask her to email it to me, so this one will have to do.


That's the temple in the background. Quite a striking building, isn't it?












I'm glad we took the time to see some of Salt Lake while there this year. We had to give up some Convention time in order to do it, but it was a nice break for us.

Want to go to Stampin' Up! annual Convention? Join my 'we StAMp everything' team and you'l be invited!

We have so much fun while we're there!

Thanks for stoppin' by...

No comments:

Post a Comment